In my role as a consultant, I have provided coaching to clients who need to build a skill, change a behavior or make a career change. I offer coaching to address the following issues:
- Career change
- Setting boundaries with a demanding boss
- Working with difficult colleagues
- Communication skills
- Assertiveness skills
- Starting a new business
What is Coaching?
Coaching is focused on helping clients meet a specific goal. Coaching works best when a client is motivated and accountable. Unlike therapy, coaching doesn’t involve exploring a client’s history; the past is used primarily to identify successes and obstacles to achieving success. The process of coaching involves goal clarification and creating steps for implementation.
Depending on a client’s needs, the length of coaching varies. I collaborate with clients to determine the type of coaching relationship they wish to have. It may be limited to one session or multiple sessions.
My Role as a Coach
- Provide practical and emotional support
- Inquiry—ask a series of questions for goal clarification
- Assist in formulation of an action plan for implementation
- Identify obstacles and the best approaches to address them
- Encourage creativity and critical thinking to optimize success
- Recommend resources to support a client’s goal
Contact me for more information.